Its your opportunity as a youth of Africa! A special batch training of 130 African Union Youth Volunteers June 11-27, 2011. Apply now http://www.africa-youth.org/auyvc_apply.jsp
African Union Youth Volunteers Corps (AUYVC) is a continental development program that recruits and works with youth volunteers, to work in all 53 countries in Africa. AU-YV promotes volunteering to address the incidences of poverty, weak professional and leadership competence development, slow development of Pan-Africanist orientation and socio-economic climate and amongst others to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key participants in the delivery of Africaâ€™s human development targets and goals. It brings people together to share skills, creativity and learning to build a fairer Continent and by implication strengthen Africaâ€™s relevance in the globalized world.
The AU-YVC is a continental project aiming to deploy Youth Volunteers (AU-YV) from within the continent and from the Diaspora on different projects and programmes across the continent. The main actors of the project are thus:
– The Youth Volunteers (AU-YVC) aged 18-30 with different academic and professional backgrounds willing to serve as volunteers for a period of 12 months in an AU Member State. A volunteer should be:
- · Sponsored by a Member State and/or International organizations, or;
- · Self-sponsored and living in Africa, or;
- · Self-sponsored and living outside of Africa (in the Diaspora)
– Host Organization: these are Institutions and Organizations requesting for volunteers to later provide them with a placement. Organizations could be governmental or non governmental institutions, UN Agencies and AU offices seeking technical support et al
A single deployment cycle consists of the following major sub processes: Application, Sorting and selection, Training and Deployment
Prospective Volunteers are expected to submit their complete application online through the provided interface on the website (www.africa-youth.org). Applicant could apply for one of the following:
– Internship for 3 (three) months
– Volunteer work positions from 6 (six) months upwards
– Junior Professional Positions from 12 (twelve) months upwards;
An application is complete if all of the following criteria are fulfilled:
– A filled out volunteer application form (form available online)
– Uploaded CV (in provided format)
– Uploaded recent photograph (passport size)
APPLY NOW TO BE A VOLUNTEER
VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK: Follow the link below to download the volunteer Handbook and get connected!
Please share the information with your friends, family and organizations. You are always welcome to visit my blog and get opportunities that will help transform our continent.
Joseph M D Johnson
1st AU YVC – LIBERIA